Monday, August 11, 2008

One for you, two for me. We're all so greedy, aren't we?

So, let me first apologize for not being around. Bad, bad girl. Work this past week and change has been so hectic, and my birthday is this coming Sunday which makes things even more hectic.

But, I digress. Let us pick-up from where I left off. I am still dedicated to sticking with Mr. Charles, and I don't want to do anything to ruin that, but reality is setting in. He is in Boston, jobless, and broke. He's got shitloads of qualities I don't like in men, but I like his personality. But if this were happening to someone else and they asked me for advice about what they should do, I would tell them the same thing I am about to type: it won't work out. Not because the people aren't compatible or right for each other, but the odds are stacked against them.

So, I need to figure out what I am going to do. He wants me to come and visit him in October and get a glimpse of his world, but even if I do go, I am going to have a serious talk with him when I do get there. I have to do what's right for me. NEXT!

So, this blog is all about soul mates. Do they exist? Or do we need different people for different things? My school of thought is we all have many different soul mates, some platonic and some not. For pet lovers, their soul mates may be their adorable pets.

I for one have soul mates in many forms. My friends Heather and Lauren create the HML collective and I absolutely know they are my soul mates. But, I also believe that I have a romantic soul mate out there. (Yes, I know that makes me incredibly corny.)

Let's now traverse the other school of thought. During the course of writing my sex book, this was one question that got startling responses from people. Surprisingly to me, a lot of people took the mindset that there is not perfect person for someone. That no one person will ever satisfy every need we as humans have, and monogamy is not a natural human tendency, but one created by society.

Part of me thinks that is true. In order to be monogamous, you have to work at it. That is why most relationships fail. One person, or sometimes both people, don't want to remain committed to one person and they take the steps to break the chains of a relationship. Cheating is natural tendency, like id. I have never cheated on a boyfriend, but I have been the other woman. I understand why people cheat, but I don't understand why they don't break up with their mates before they do it.

So, where does your head lie? What do you think? Let me know.

P.S. Music is wonderful, so check out Little Jackie! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave a comment and it turned into a fucking story. I may just have to post my own blog about it! Awful.