Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He's gone to me now. Where do we go from here....?

Like so many other things in life, Mr. Charles is gone. He left yesterday afternoon while I was at work. He called me to tell me that he was at the airport and he would be boarding in ten minutes.

On what would be our last night together for what seems to be a few weeks at the least he gave me a scarf of his that he cares about. He asked me to hold on to it so I could either mail it back if I wanted, or keep it until he returns to get it back. Most don't know that he's left as of now, and I think those who'd want to know will find out as time progresses. I miss him already though.

And as much as I want to be with him and only him, I constantly remind myself that his heart is just not ready for that kind of commitment. And even if he was, I wouldn't be with him anyway. I keep my heart very guarded, and I won't walk into a situation where I could get hurt. He has a lot of baggage from the last relationship he was in, and there has not been enough time in between for him to move past some of it. So where does that leave me?

I am focusing on myself and the things I have going for me. My job, health, friends, writing, family, and all of those other positive things I sometimes forget I have. When he comes back, we can see where we left off. But Ms. Dimes waits on NO MAN and that's how it'll stay.

Coming up on next blog: more juicy goodness.

Until then: ladies keep those legs up (for a worthy man, of course), and fellas keep your shit straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Men....we love to love them, but they make shit so damn difficult. Why?!

I hope he does keep in touch, if anything you'll always have the memories of something special you two shared. <3